Golden Beets

Golden Beets
Golden Beets with Garlic and Rosemary

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Cheesecake filled Rutabaga Bundt Cake

  Are you ready for this? 

Aim: To take sally’s (Of Sally’s Baking Addiction) carrot Bundt cake recipe, sub out the carrots for rutabaga, and give it an all-around healthy upgrade. I’m on vacation this week, and have way too much idle time on my hands! The flavor is exceptional, the recipe is a keeper, it gives me another way to get some vegetables in my diet.

 I managed to trim over 100 calories off Sally's original carrot cake recipe!

  The motivation for this exercise was to find a use for the rutabaga in this week's farm box.  I still have a couple of turnips left for soup/vegetable stew.  Yes, I could have made a root vegetable tart or something of that nature, however, we really don't love vegetables all that much! If I can get my vitamins in a cake, why not! Smile...
















No comments: