Golden Beets

Golden Beets
Golden Beets with Garlic and Rosemary

Friday, September 15, 2017

Lemon Cake: Challenge accepted and met


I have been sending my wife to work with some breads I bake, the last few weeks. The girls at her office liked them so much, I was drafted to bake the cake for a birthday party tomorrow. When my wife came home and told me, I was like cake? I have not baked any kind of cake in five years. Her response was OK then, I'll tell them you can't do it. Wait a minute not so fast, I did bake a mean Brooklyn black out cake back then. Challenge excepted! Now these ladies had a very specific cake in mind, they wanted yellow cake, lemon filling and vanilla frosting with shredded coconut. Here is my answer to there request. every part of the cake was made from scratch. the lemon filling tastes so good I could eat the whole bowl plain. the frosting was a little to sweet for my taste. The little piece of cake I tasted was fine. I hope they save me a slice. Here is the link to the formula I used.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so good and I think I had make this but I will have to make the small size I would be the entire thing.

Theroadsidepieking said...

Thanks, Kristal.
So glad you liked this recipe. You are right, you know, it is so good one could eat the whole cake! Don't forget to share when you have time to try it out.
best to you,
The Roadside Pie King